[pure-silver] Re: phosphorescent paint

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:55:52 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: joe mcguckin
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 12:21 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: phosphorescent paint

I have a bottle of glow paint - I'm pretty sure it's a latex based paint.

It's probably cheaper to buy a new bottle of paint than to revive your dried out bottle.

Joe McGuckin
ViaNet Communications

Probably true. I bought some when I first set up my darkroom here for use on light switches, etc. Its still there and still works about as well as it ever did. Note that this stuff glows when exposed to light but the glow dies down pretty quickly because there is nothing in it to excite the fluorescence. The "illuminated" clock and watch dials of many decades ago continued to glow in the dark because they contained a small amount of radio-active material. That turned out to be hazardous so it was discontinued quite some time ago.