[pure-silver] Re: help with finding an 4x5" enlarger

  • From: Sandor Mathe <sandorm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:53:32 -0500

I am lucky to have a Durst 138. I have the mixing chambers for 5x7"
(13x8cm) and 6x9 cm.  I've never used the 6x9 chamber, though if I were to
print 35mm with this enlarger I may try it.

I agree with Lloyd that the glass carrier for your largest negative is all
you need.  You can make a mask from a sheet of waste film or black paper
for all the smaller formats.

Sandor

Gianni Rondinini <bugbarbeq@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/31/2006 12:48 PM
Please respond to
pure-silver

pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[pure-silver] Re: help with finding an 4x5" enlarger

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:09:22 -0500, you (Lloyd Erlick
<lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) wrote:

>I've been using an L1200 for a decade. I bought it brand new, and I went
>little overboard on the trimmings. I bought all the little doodads that
[...]
>work the price down. I think it's still possible to buy anti-Newton
>negative carrier glasses from Durst if a new one seems in order.

this is a very good suggestion. thanks lloyd.
since you've used it longly with all the accessories, i trust in the
fact longer/shorter exposures don't make that difference.

and i'd like to say once more, since i know some friends of a similar
italian list are subscribed to this one, too, that i'm quite a newbie
in darkroom, then i probably wouldn't able to notice any difference.

i fell a little bit ashamed saying this, but i have 2 different
condensers for my agfa enlarger and can't find *any* difference
between them. i know one is for 135 and one is for 120->6x9, but i
can't figure out which.

>But if I had to use condenser, I'd definitely see if the 4x5 condenser
set
>did the trick for smaller formats. The added brightness just isn't worth
>the huge money.

ok, thank you once more.

regards,
--