[pure-silver] Re: ddx vs d76

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:14:55 -0500

> > Since it appears in the MSDS I would assume that is for the stock
solution.

> 1. what is relevant here is the pH of working solution.
>
> 2. several manufacturers provide separate MSDS for both stock
>    concentrate and working strength solutions.

I have very carefully measured the pH of several working dilution developers
as seen below:

DDX 1:5 (1+4)                 8.7
TMAX 1:5                        8.45
HC110B                          9.0
XTOL stock                     8.2
XTOL 1:4 (1+3)               8.5
DS10 stock                      8.1
DS10 1:2 (1+1)                8.1
JB9 1:5 (1+4)                  8.3
Gainer PCTEA                 9.0
PCTEA+10g/L BA            8.3
Gainer Borax PC              9.0-9.5 depending on mix

There are more but not germane to this discussion.  If any of these
abreviations aren't clear, let me know and I'll detail.

In general, boric acid buffers of all kinds will change pH some with
dilution (see Xtol).

JB