[pure-silver] Re: cleaning containers

  • From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:35:07 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De: Becky <lynnbecks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:41:20 -0700
Sujet: [pure-silver] cleaning containers
À: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Hello everyone. It seems like it's been so long....  I haven't had the
>chance to do any photographing in quite some time. The divorce is final now
>and slowly I'm getting back to a normal life. That means I'll be able to do
>some photographing and darkroom work again in the future. I'm moving my
>darkroom to my mom's property, where I now live, and am wondering a few
>things. I was wondering about the old bottles of developers and fixers and
>wondering if it will hurt anything to just rinse them out with water or
>should I start with fresh containers. They have been setting there with old
>chemicals in them for over a year now. I hate to have to buy all new
>containers being that I'm on a tight budget. Will the buildup in the bottles
>cause any trouble for me?
>
>Becky Lynn

Hi Becky,

I'm sorry for what happens to you.
There are so many people around me who are divorcing, looks like a tsunami ...
Good luck !

Regarding the containers, you may clean them (there are formulas to remove the
deposits, just ask if you need them) but if you always use the same container
for the same product type, there shouldn't be any problem.

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch