[pure-silver] Re: Tray development and fog

  • From: Russ Gorman <rusty57@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:49:56 -0800

Other sources of fog I've seen people (me) discover the hard way - Illuminated wrist watches, fluorescent lamps that continue to glow for some time after turning off, pin holes in curtains, light leaks where two walls come together, light leaks reflected from the bathroom mirror, glowing timer dials, LED indicator lights on various pieces of equipment.

I've never had chemical fog from developer , though I hear it happens, but I have had improper clearing from weak fixer...

On Jan 14, 2006, at 10:24 PM, Michael Healy wrote:

The demise of Agfa got me off my behind to replace Rodinal. I'm testing FX2 right now,
on Ilford's D100, FP4, and HP5. My initial test shots were done in 4x5, so I did them in
the tray. On my first sheets, I got substantial fog.