[pure-silver] Re: Tray development and fog

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photography" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:49:55 -0600

Mike, After doing some sheet processing this week, I had another thought for
you.

Does the fog occur from sheets that you unload and process? or just sheets
that are stored for batch processing? Not all storage is the same.

I use Bergger's BPFB 18 for making enlarged negatives for platinum printing.
I am not impressed with the packaging of their large sheets films; 16x20 or
20x24. Sheets that are against the thin press board inside the bags, have
fogged the film where the film in the middle of the package or fine. It
doesn't matter if it is the top sheets or the bottom sheet. Where ever the
film is in contact with the paper it is fogged.

I don't know if you batch process, or process directly from holder, but it
is something to be aware of in the future.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9