[pure-silver] Transporting exposed sheet film

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:45:47 -0500

Hi all.

This June, I'll be spending some time in Anza Borrego Desert State park. A friend who lives nearby (Aguanga, near Mount Palomar) has offered me the use of his 4x5 and 3.25x4.25 Graphic equipement and sheet film holders. All I have to do is bring my own film, 4x5 Tri-X and 4x5 & 3.25x4.25 Efke 25. I'll be bring the exposed film back and be developing it in my darkroom at home.

My question concerns the transportation of the film back on the airplane. Obviously I'll be using the same film boxes. Are there any precautions I should take? My worry is that the sheets of film will stick together.

Anybody else here done a similar thing?  Any tips would be appreciated.

Regards,
Bogdan
  Bogdan Karasek
  Montréal, Québec                     bogdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx