[pure-silver] Re: Transporting exposed sheet film

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:00:16 -0500

HI,

Not to worry, I will be taking all the precautions necessary, original box, interleaving paper, back into it's original foil envelope and into the box. I'll cut some discarded matte board to size and use that to fill out the box so that the film is pressed down and unable to slide around. Then tape the box shut to avoid accidental opening, and marked EXPOSED with a thick red marker.

And then hope that the Customs people at the border don't want to have a look inside :(

And I'd like to thank all who responded to my query with valuable tips.

Cheers,
Bogdan

EJ Neilsen wrote:
Bogdan, The biggest issue is not sticking together but rather dirt
scratching the hell out of your film during transport. Make sure the film is
not just put back in the box but rather in the foil and in the box. The less
it moves around the less chance you have to introduce abrasion in transport.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9