[pure-silver] Re: Temporary darkrooms

  • From: terry lindquist <tsll@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:10:01 -0500

...I ran narrow strips of VELCRO (you can purchase by the roll) around the edge of the window...opaque black material

attaches to it....easy on-easy off....

...anyway...

terry

On Apr 14, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Mark Blackwell wrote:

Well windows and doors seemed to slow me up most. Though the room may have a duel use, I tried to find a way to store things like chemicals separately so I could make those up ahead of needing them if I knew I was going into the darkroom soon.

Now I have a window in my darkroom/laundry room which the wife wants open. The darkroom sink is more or less there, but it could be removed fairly easily. I am building an internal shutter that will just close over the window and bingo, no light (at least I hope. More importantly the wife is happy and you know what Foxworthy says. IF she ain't happy, you ain't happy.

Organization (which for me wasn't easy) was the only way to speed the process up. When you KNOW right where everything is and do it the same way every time you get quicker. Looking for things in the process for me was the biggest time waster.

From: "Justin F. Knotzke"
<jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:45:49
To:pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Temporary darkrooms

   Hi,

   For those of you who do not have dedicated
darkrooms, how long does it take you to covert your room
into a darkroom ?

   It seems to take me more then an hour to go from
room to darkroom that is ready to print.. Which is to say,
light tight, chemicals mixed. Etc

    Take down takes almost the same when I factor in
the time it takes to empty the print washer..

   Just seems really long.

http://www.shampoo.ca

from there.

logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password
you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http:// mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ ====================================================================== ======================================= To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.