[pure-silver] Re: Temporary darkrooms

  • From: Myron Gochnauer <goch@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:50:55 -0300

One suggestion to speed up darkroom setup/takedown time:

Never use more than two trays --- one for the chemicals, and the second as a water bath.

The chemicals themselves can conveniently be stored (and even mixed) in one litre or one quart food contains like yogurt or cottage cheese contains. You can pour the developer / stop / fixer-1 /fixer-2 / hypoclear / toner /whatever into the processing tray in a matter of seconds, process and then pour it back into the container in a few seconds, rinse the tray + print if you want to or just dump in the next chemical. The second tray is used to store and rinse prints prior to putting them in the washer.

I get one-quart containers at the Dollar Store.

You could also use a drum for processing, but if you like trays, try working with only two.

Myron

On 14-Apr-08, at 12:45 PM, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

  Hi,

For those of you who do not have dedicated darkrooms, how long does it take you to covert your room into a darkroom ?

It seems to take me more then an hour to go from room to darkroom that is ready to print.. Which is to say, light tight, chemicals mixed. Etc

Take down takes almost the same when I factor in the time it takes to empty the print washer..

  Just seems really long.

http://www.shampoo.ca

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ====================================================================== To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.