[pure-silver] Re: Temporary darkrooms

  • From: Graham Hughes <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:15:48 -0700

Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    For those of you who do not have dedicated darkrooms, how long does it
> take you to covert your room into a darkroom ?
>
>    It seems to take me more then an hour to go from room to darkroom that is
> ready to print.. Which is to say, light tight, chemicals mixed. Etc
>
>     Take down takes almost the same when I factor in the time it takes to
> empty the print washer..
>
>    Just seems really long.

Takes me around that long to black the place out, and I have all the
equipment in place.  I've been slowly acquiring junk to reduce this time
(e.g. Nova processor, so the chemicals theoretically come pre-mixed,
etc.) but blacking the place out is still a pain.  I have frames I built
that sit in the windows, so that's as easy as I can make it at the
moment.  The velcro idea isn't a bad one, if you don't rent.

Graham