[pure-silver] Re: Skies

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 15:15:47 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "dhowk" <dhowk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 3:10 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Skies

In the East its almost a catch-22. I use a red filter to get better contrast & definition in the skies; but in so doing the tree line gets darker. So I have to dodge that area to get some detail. Any
suggestions?
Thanks,
Doug Howk
On May 12, 2007, at 5:30 PM, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

I just sent a post mentioning the use of a polarizing filter to get the skys dark. This will have little or no effect on the trees. Another possibility is the use of a green filter. These are also minus blue so will darken the sky but will actually make folliage lighter.

---