[pure-silver] Re: Selectol Soft followup - availability?

  • From: Charlie Thorsten <charlie_thorsten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:51:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- anclancy@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Late last year or early this year there was a
> "rumor" that it was discontinued. My local people
> stopped carrying it some time ago as they too did
> not sell much. I get a gallon a year to use in a
> specific class and just started buying it from
> Calumet. At that time my rep told me they had quite
> a bit and had not heard the "rumor".
> I don't think anything official has gone out from
> the "Golden Kingdom", but then ..............

Kodak still lists it on their website as a
current professional product...one of the few
developers for tray processing B&W, along
with Dektol, Polymax T and Ektaflo.  B&H has
it listed on their website as "in stock", so
maybe that's my next source.

Not many people use it now that VC papers are
the norm for darkroom use.  I've found it works
perfectly for my current project, which will
probably last until the end of the year.  But
I know Kodak isn't going to make it just for
my convenience.  I'll adapt and survive.

-Charlie