[pure-silver] Re: Selectol Soft followup - availability?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:46:08 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charlie Thorsten" <charlie_thorsten@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 1:36 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Selectol Soft followup -
availability?

> So I went to my local photo store this week
> (Nelson's Photo Supplies - San Diego, CA)
> to buy more chemistry and they were out of
> Selectol Soft.  I asked the guy if they were
> getting more in, and he took my name and
> information down for an order request.  The
> owner walked up a few minutes later and flatly
> REFUSED to buy any more!!!
>
> She said the last box she bought (with 20
> packages) took 3 years to sell and she wasn't
> going to put out the money to buy more.
> Even though I assured her that I would most
> likely buy all of it in the next few months,
> she still refused.  None of the other photo
> stores in San Diego stock it either.
>
> I ended up calling Calumet to order some, and
> they only had 6 packages in stock.  I bought
> all 6.  Hopefully they order more from Kodak.
> Is Selectol Soft next on the list to be
> discontinued?  :-(
>
> -Charlie

    You may want to consider mixing Agfa 120 yourself. I
posted the formula to this list not long ago. Kodak Selectol
Soft is probaby nearly identical. I think it may be
available packaged from Photographer's Formulary but all the
constituents are also useful for other developers and are
not difficult to obtain.

---