[pure-silver] Selectol Soft followup - availability?

  • From: Charlie Thorsten <charlie_thorsten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:36:53 -0700 (PDT)

So I went to my local photo store this week
(Nelson's Photo Supplies - San Diego, CA)
to buy more chemistry and they were out of
Selectol Soft.  I asked the guy if they were
getting more in, and he took my name and
information down for an order request.  The
owner walked up a few minutes later and flatly
REFUSED to buy any more!!!

She said the last box she bought (with 20
packages) took 3 years to sell and she wasn't
going to put out the money to buy more.
Even though I assured her that I would most
likely buy all of it in the next few months,
she still refused.  None of the other photo
stores in San Diego stock it either.

I ended up calling Calumet to order some, and
they only had 6 packages in stock.  I bought
all 6.  Hopefully they order more from Kodak.
Is Selectol Soft next on the list to be
discontinued?  :-(

-Charlie