[pure-silver] Re: SEEKING 70MM TANK FOR MY 70MM REEL

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 16:11:54 -0500

There is a JOBO 70mm tanks for sale on the LargeformaT SITE:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?118243-FS-Jobo-70mm-drum-and-reel-%283035-3075%29&highlight=70mm

bogdan

On 02/12/2014 12:00 PM, bobkiss @caribsurf.com wrote:
DEAR LIST,
I have a very nice stainless 70mm reel which holds, I think, nearly 20 feet of 70mm film. What I don't have is a stainless steel tank into which I can fit it to process the film. In my previous incarnation as an advertising and fashion photog (1974-83) in Madhatter...oopsie...Manhattan, I had a 3 1/2 gallon processing line set up so all I had to do was put the reel on a stainless "stick" and dip and dunk in the tanks. As we say in Barbados, "dem days done". I could, of course, revive a few of the tanks and fill them just high enough to cover the reel but I thought it might be nice to find a proper tank for this reel. ***Lest you think that the reel is similar to a 120 reel, it is much bigger, measuring 6 3/4 inches in diameter (twice a 120 reel diameter) and 3 inches high (taller than a 120 reel). Sooooooooooooooooooo, by any chance does anyone know if a 70mm tank exists and is for sale?
CHEERS!
BOB