[pure-silver] Re: SEEKING 70MM TANK FOR MY 70MM REEL

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 13:58:59 -0600

On 12/02/2014 01:49 PM, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
I assume that if there is too much
posted, Richard could turn it off again, or turn off just the offending
users.

As the person who first created this list on my own servers, let me suggest
that this is not a good thing.  Running a list is a painful labor of love.
You don't get paid, you get lots and lots of griping (go read the last
2 weeks of posts on the old pure-silver list and the heat I took for
ending it as just one example), and it's almost not worth doing.

Whatever is decided should be a fire-and-forget policy that is automatically
enforced by the mailing list system.  I don't know about Freelists, but
most mailing list software these days allows you to specify and max message
sized and the list will kill offending messages automatically...