[pure-silver] SEEKING 70MM TANK FOR MY 70MM REEL

  • From: "bobkiss @caribsurf.com" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 13:00:15 -0400

DEAR LIST,
     I have a very nice stainless 70mm reel which holds, I think, nearly 20
feet of 70mm film.  What I don't have is a stainless steel tank into which
I can fit it to process the film.  In my previous incarnation as an
advertising and fashion photog (1974-83) in Madhatter...oopsie...Manhattan,
I had a 3 1/2 gallon processing line set up so all I had to do was put the
reel on a stainless "stick" and dip and dunk in the tanks.  As we say in
Barbados, "dem days done".  I could, of course, revive a few of the tanks
and fill them just high enough to cover the reel but I thought it might be
nice to find a proper tank for this reel.
***Lest you think that the reel is similar to a 120 reel, it is much
bigger, measuring 6 3/4 inches in diameter (twice a 120 reel diameter) and
3 inches high (taller than a 120 reel).
     Sooooooooooooooooooo, by any chance does anyone know if a 70mm tank
exists and is for sale?
                      CHEERS!
                              BOB