[pure-silver] Re: Request For Chemist: Bleach - Alcohol Interaction?

  • From: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 00:15:49 -0400

"Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrit:

It seems to me that diluted solutions of Photo-Flo are vulnerable to mold.

I don't think either Triton-X or E/P Glycol will support life on their own.

But I have had something with all the appearance of microbial growth in used working strength PF200/distilled water. I think enough gelatin and Gawd-knows-what floats off of the film to supply the needed 'essential trace nutrients' [what my Father would call the day's ration of one's obligatory "1-pound of dirt in a lifetime"].

I have never had anything grow in a stock of ~1:80 PF600 'pre-dilution' made up with 71% isopropanol (not at all surprising).

--
Nicholas O. Lindan
Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC