[pure-silver] Re: Print washing again

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:57:23 -0400

On 06/04/07, Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can just rotate the prints, and likely will anyway but some form of
separation would be a real plus.

------------------------------

   I'm a bit in the same predicament as you.. I'm moving in July and I have
to figure out how to hack together a darkroom. This new apartment I am
moving to has a small office. In that office is a washer and dryer.. Which
means a hookup for water and an actual drain.

   The question of course is how I am going to set this up so that it's
portable so that I can wash my ginch after washing my prints.. if you will.

    I think what I will do first is throw some russian plywood over the
washer and dryer. This will give me room to put my trays on. Next, I need to
hookup some form of a T-valve to my cold water pipe that allows me to run
water into my print washer.. The problem is draining it.. The print washer I
hacked up a year ago is just a paper classifier/box with holes drilled in
the bottom. I put the whole mess in the kitchen sink, run the water into the
box, put the paper classifier into the box, slide the prints in and voila..

  But I'm not going to have a sink anymore. So I need some ideas as well
for building a print washer that draws out water via a tube that I can
connect to the drain on the washer..

   Man, I remember the days when you could find a few photogs, rent a
studio with a darkroom.. *sigh*

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca