[pure-silver] Re: Print washing again

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

Well to get water I used hose bibs to split the connections to the washer.  One
side went to the washer and the other to the sink or what ever with simple hose
connections.  In my case that left the hose bibs outside the washer connection
box so if you get a leak it will leak on drywall.

I ended up tying into the washer drain as well and running an 1 1/2 inch
flexible hose around the washer for a drain.  That was a much bigger plumbing
job, but at least its done and I managed with those connections to have a sink.

"Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/04/07, Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: I can just rotate
the prints, and likely will anyway but some form of separation would be a real
plus.

---------------------------------

    I'm a bit in the same predicament as you.. I'm moving in July and I have to
figure out how to hack together a darkroom. This new apartment I am moving to
has a small office. In that office is a washer and dryer.. Which means a hookup
for water and an actual drain.

    The question of course is how I am going to set this up so that it's
portable so that I can wash my ginch after washing my prints.. if you will.

     I think what I will do first is throw some russian plywood over the washer
and dryer. This will give me room to put my trays on. Next, I need to hookup
some form of a T-valve to my cold water pipe that allows me to run water into
my print washer.. The problem is draining it.. The print washer I hacked up a
year ago is just a paper classifier/box with holes drilled in the bottom. I put
the whole mess in the kitchen sink, run the water into the box, put the paper
classifier into the box, slide the prints in and voila..

   But I'm not going to have a sink anymore. So I need some ideas as well for
building a print washer that draws out water via a tube that I can connect to
the drain on the washer..

    Man, I remember the days when you could find a few photogs, rent a studio
with a darkroom.. *sigh*

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca