[pure-silver] Re: Presenting silver images on the web

  • From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 17:13:24 -0800

Scanning a print would probably be a better representation of the "real" print. However, since I usually print 11 X 14 and can't afford a large tabloid size scanner I scan negatives and adjust the file in Photoshop to closely match the actual silver print that I prop up near my computer. Someone more concerned with digital output would no doubt work very differently. I sometimes put a disclaimer on the web to the effect that the digital image is merely an approximation of the actual print which is much better.