[pure-silver] Re: Photographing Hands

  • From: jeffrey <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:54:25 -0800

>  Good models are tough.  Besides, in the winter, they're attracted to the
>warmth.

One of my first photography-related gigs was as a hand-model for an
ad for Vise-Grips. The photog (very old-school - worked with
Edgerton) perched a 1000 watt flood on my shoulder, pointing to my
hand and arm. Used baby powder to keep the sweat less noticeable.

By the end of the shoot, my arm was red. It returned to normal after
a day or so.

When you are young, and thrilled to be involved in photography in any
capacity, you don't complain about the discomfort....