[pure-silver] Re: Packard Shutters

  • From: Ken Hough Photo Repair <krhoughii@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:38:38 +0000 (UTC)

"These shutters were generally used before my time and would like to hear
other's experiences with these classic shutter"

What an understatement! LOL These have been around since the turn of the LAST
century, I have a few when it was the Michigan Shutter Company. I have 3 that I
use regularly. I keep each in a large

ziploc bag to keep the dust away from the piston. With practice you can get a
good solid 1/10. If need be a hard squeeze will get you a 20th. The smaller
versions will do a 30th. They work for ever and are nearly vibrationless.

Thanks, Ken

Ken Hough Photo Repair
www.deardorffcameras.0catch.com
219 462 0281