[pure-silver] Re: Packard Shutters

  • From: richard lahrson <gtripspud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:36:01 -0800

Thanks everyone for the informative sharing!  I'm getting the synched
version of the Packard shutter in the largest size for my 14" lens which is
front mounted....that leaves open the possibility of using other lenses.
Best, Rich

On Feb 11, 2011 8:14 AM, "Chauncey Walden" <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have one that I use on some of my large barrel lenses. I made an adapter
to front mount it that will clamp on different diameter lenses to avoid the
problem of different lenses having different extensions behind the flange.
It has the "instantaneous" pin available if I want 1/25 but my normal
exposures with these lenses are much longer.  Since you are getting a new
one I'm sure the bulb and tube are coming with it, but if anyone needs a
good bulb, Harbor Freight has an air blower for a couple of bucks that works
great. I use aquarium tubing from a pet store on mine.
Chauncey