[pure-silver] Re: PMK and MCS

  • From: "Hagner, Andrew" <Andrew_Hagner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:12:39 -0400

 Thank you Richard, Ryuji and Jim for the information.  I will try to
find the papers that Ryuji mentioned to satisfy my curiosity, but for
now, I think I will stay with the process that I am comfortable with.
As I read your comments, the advantages of all alkaline process seem to
be relatively minor.

John, I am somewhat relieved that the MCS is not photochemical-specific.
I have never experienced any reactions from the standard B&W chemicals
such a Dektol, acetic acid or Kodak Fixer, however I will probably start
using nitrile gloves dedicated to each tray for print processing and see
how it works.

- Andrew.