[pure-silver] Re: Off-topic: Darkroom music

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 22:54:18 -0800

I have a Bose iPod dock/speaker system in my darkroom and an iPod permanently therein. All of my CDs are on the iPod and I have a plethora of Playlists that I can choose from. Makes darkroom work more wonderful than it already is...

:-)

Jim

At 11:27 AM 12/25/2007 -0800, Jeffrey Thorns wrote:
I find that printing for hours at a time is much more enjoyable with music.

Most of the radio stations here are, uh, not great.

I don't want to mess with CDs in the dark.

Enter Pandora;

http://www.pandora.com/

Admittedly, I needed to find a way to pipe this into the darkroom, in which I have an AM/FM radio, but no computer. I accomplished this via one of those USB FM transmitters, then I tuned into it via the radio. (The darkroom is only 10 feet from the computer, sitting outside the darkroom.) Doing this directly via speaker-cables is a better, long-term solution - something I will do in the future.

The thing I like about Pandora is that you can 'program' the music that gets broadcast to you (giving thumbs-up and thumbs-down to specific selections). And you can create different 'stations' for differrent moods. This preselection, if you choose to do it, needs to be done in the weeks before you enjoy the full benefits in the darkroom.

I know it's a little off-topic, but the endless gurgle of water in the darkroom does not fill me with positive vibes. I need sound to hide the gurgle.