[pure-silver] Re: Negative storage

  • From: harry kalish <hksvk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:28:47 -0500

For about 30 years I have been successfully storing film in archival quality
paper only. A piece of 3.5x10 inch paper can be folded once longitudinally
to accommodate six strips of 6 exposures of 135 film. For 120 film, I use
wider paper folded to hold 3 three strips of 4 exposures. For secondary
protection, I place these in an envelope open on one side constructed from a
light archival board material (previously available from Light Impressions).
These envelopes are stored in hinged lid archival boxes that are about
10.5in. long and 3.3in. high. Paper envelopes are available for large format
negs. I don't like the disadvantages of plastic that have been described.

Harry K.