[pure-silver] Re: Negative storage

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:28:36 -0600

On 11/08/2013 05:08 AM, İbrahim Pamuk wrote:
Hi,

I have been storing my negatives in 5/6 frames strips in plastic based
archiving storage sheets. Recently I have noticed that too muck dust, etc has
been sticked on the storage sheet. I hope that would not cause any problems
with my negatives. Also I have noticed that scratches have happened. I am not
very sure that I have done them while taking the negatives out and then after
printing putting it back. Would plastic based sheets cause any scratches while
putting and taking negatives out? Any experience on the topic?

Should I store the bulk of sheets with negatives, that is my files, with in
refrigerator?

Best Regards,

Ibrahim Pamuk

Bu elektronik posta, gonderildigi belirtilen kisi/kisilere ozel ve gizlidir.
Eger yetkili alici degilseniz bu elektronik postanin icerigini degistirmeniz,
aciklamaniz, kopyalamaniz, yonlendirmeniz ve kullanmaniz yasaktir. ZORLU, bu
elektronik postanin ve icerigindeki bilgilerin dogrulugundan, guncelliginden
ve/ veya bu elektronik postanin bilgisayar sisteminize verebilecegi zararlardan
sorumlu tutulamaz.

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the individual(s) stated in
this message. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any amendment, dissemination, copying, forwarding or use of any of the
information is strictly prohibited. ZORLU shall have no liability for the
accuracy or correctness of the content of this e-mail and/or any damages caused
in any way to your computer system.

        Dogayla Dost Teknoloji Vestel, hepimizin cevreye daha duyarli olmasini
ve e-posta ciktisi almadan once bir kez daha dusunmenizi rica ediyor. / Vestel,
your nature-friendly technology provider, kindly encourages you to consider our
planet Earth before printing this email.

I store my negatives in archival sheets and I put those sheets in large
white 10"x12" envelopes.  I also put all developing and printing notes in
those envelopes as well.  That way, everything having to do with that
group of images is kept in one place.  I store the envelopes vertically
in the plastic milk crates one finds in he office supply stores.