[pure-silver] Re: Negative storage

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 03:42:22 -0800 (PST)

I've noticed this and wondered about it as well.

My notebooks containing my neg pages are wrapped in plastic bags which seems to
keep dust off the pages. Over time, older pages look kind of dusty and worn and
I've replaced or wiped those down.  I don't think that the pages themselves are
causing any issues for you.  I could see it if there was dust in the pages and
the negs moved against that dust.
Also one might have added scratches in their last handling of their negs,
either placing in or removing from the neg carrier, although I assume we all
tend to be careful when handling them.

Dust has always been an inherent evil in the negative process and scratches
just add to that misery.  Despite our best efforts they still seem to show up.

On Friday, November 8, 2013 6:08 PM, İbrahim Pamuk
<ibrahim.pamuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I have been storing my negatives in 5/6 frames strips in plastic based
archiving storage sheets. Recently I have noticed that too muck dust, etc has
been sticked on the storage sheet. I hope that would not cause any problems
with my negatives. Also I have noticed that scratches have happened. I am not
very sure that I have done them while taking the negatives out and then after
printing putting it back. Would plastic based sheets cause any scratches while
putting and taking negatives out? Any experience on the topic?

Should I store the bulk of sheets with negatives, that is my files, with in
refrigerator?

Best Regards,

Ibrahim Pamuk

Bu elektronik posta, gonderildigi
belirtilen kisi/kisilere ozel ve gizlidir. Eger yetkili alici degilseniz bu
elektronik postanin icerigini degistirmeniz, aciklamaniz, kopyalamaniz,
yonlendirmeniz ve kullanmaniz yasaktir. ZORLU, bu elektronik postanin ve
icerigindeki bilgilerin dogrulugundan, guncelliginden ve/ veya bu elektronik
postanin bilgisayar sisteminize verebilecegi zararlardan sorumlu tutulamaz.
This e-mail is confidential and
intended solely for the individual(s) stated in this message. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that any amendment, dissemination,
copying, forwarding or use of any of the information is strictly prohibited.
ZORLU shall have no liability for the accuracy or correctness of the content of
this e-mail and/or any damages caused in any way to your computer system.
 Dogayla Dost Teknoloji Vestel, hepimizin cevreye daha duyarli olmasini ve
e-posta ciktisi almadan once bir kez daha dusunmenizi rica ediyor. / Vestel,
your nature-friendly technology provider, kindly encourages you to consider our
planet Earth before printing this email.