[pure-silver] Re: Negative storage

  • From: "Myron Gochnauer" <goch@xxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver group <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 18:10:30 +0000

I second all of the suggestions, and would add only one thing:

Getting the dust off of negatives and plastic sleeves is helped greatly if you
use something to neutralize any static charge.

Living in Canada (staticky conditions during winter months) and growing up with
vinyl LP’s, I have a “ZeroStat” anti-static gun, and it does a nice job. I
don’t know if they are still made.

A “negative ion generator” or air cleaner that generates negative ions might
help reduce static charges that attract dust, too. I haven’t tried it, though.

Myron