[pure-silver] Re: My daughter is 4 years old, so is my Xtol ...

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 04:03:32 -0500 (EST)

From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] My daughter is 4 years old, so is my Xtol ...
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:59:52 +0200

> what are the normal causes, except oxydation, for a developer (and
> an ascorbate-based developer) to go bad ?

Heat, light, especially UV. Keep developers in cool, dark place.

Incidentally, speaking of 2,4 disubstituted benzophenone (from the
dichroic fog thread), this agent is commonly added to cosmetic
products to block UV during storage, to improve the packaging design
while securing keeping property. Whether adding it to XTOL is
beneficial? Maybe.