[pure-silver] Re: Matrix Metering and Calibrating

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:27:51 -0400

<quote who=Rob Champagne date=[040912 14:52]/>
> And what is it that you don't like about the way they come out.
> i.e. to much contrast, too little contrast, over exposed, under exposed.

   They are overexposed for the most part. I just don't know if I am
overexposing in the camera or overdeveloping. I was hoping there was a method
in which I could take a controlled shot using controlled methods to test if my
current setup is correct.

   Is there not a way to calibrate a system?

> are you printing them on silver gealtin or scanning them for digital prints.

   I do silver prints and I scan for the web. I never print from the scan. I'm
not concerned with the scanning. I just want to make sure I am starting off
with the best possible negative.

   Thanks.

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx