[pure-silver] Re: Jobo Print Drum With FB Paper

  • From: "Claudio Bonavolta" <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:36:18 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter De Smidt" <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 6:54 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Jobo Print Drum With FB Paper

> Does anyone have experience processing FB papers in a Jobo rotary
> processor? I've heard that a) it can leave ridges on the print, b) it
> works fine, and c) it works fine using fiberglass window screening
> between the print and the drum. The results probably depend on the paper
> being used. I plan on trying Ilford FB MG paper, which I think is double
> weight.
>
> -Peter De Smidt

a) yes, aspect will roughly match the inside of the drum. When I do it, I use a
format holder (an
old Jobo 4512) where I can put two 12x16" in the drum (an old 4551). This
holder has just some
"pins" instead of the usual ridges. Not perfect but less visual impact.
b) yes, for large prints, takes a lot less space (and chemistry) than trays and
you can do the wash
in the drum: I put a shower inside the drum (standing vertically) and let the
water overflow.
I use it mainly when I have just a couple of prints to do. I'll build something
for really large
formats one day ...
c) never tried, but will !

I've tried both Bergger Variable NB and Ilford FB MG, same results.

Regards,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch