[pure-silver] Re: Inkjet (digital) papers coated on silver halide machines (was Re: Re: More Kodak Buildings Demolished)

  • From: "Bob Rosen" <afterswift@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:07:52 -0700

I've had the R2400 for 18 months and I'm not in any rush to replace
it.  While Jim was making a joke, it's really not true that digital
technology obsoletes things so rapidly; the availability of new stuff
doesn't eliminate the functionality of the old stuff.  As long as Epson
keeps making K3 cartridges, I'll be happy, at least until I want to
print wider than 13" - which I very rarely did in the darkroom anyway
before. --Dana
--------
Dana,

I've been using an HP 722 inkjet printer that's almost 10 years old. The
fact is that HP is still using the same printing assembly in many of their
latest models. And I have no problem buying cartridges from HP or my local
refiller. Both work like a charm.

As for Epson, I avoid them like the plague.

When I want true permanence and photographic quality, it's Dektol, even with
RC papers.

Bob R