[pure-silver] Re: Inkjet (digital) papers coated on silver halide machines (was Re: Re: More Kodak Buildings Demolished)

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 06:47:29 -0700 (PDT)

Funny how it costs so much more to take the silver OUT
of the paper. =)
Well, not funny in a good way.

Digital is convenient and very controllable but the
cost is still too high comparatively.  Startup costs
to be able to make 20x24 on any paper is around 10K if
you buy new gear and our analog gear can be had for a
song if not free.  At that size, every time you run
out of ink it's another $800 for an ink set.
Eric