[pure-silver] Re: Inkjet (digital) papers coated on silver halide machines (was Re: Re: More Kodak Buildings Demolished)

  • From: "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:37:17 -0700

Bob Adler wrote:
Hey, I've had my digital printer for almost 2 years now!!
;-)

I've had the R2400 for 18 months and I'm not in any rush to replace
it.  While Jim was making a joke, it's really not true that digital
technology obsoletes things so rapidly; the availability of new stuff
doesn't eliminate the functionality of the old stuff.  As long as Epson
keeps making K3 cartridges, I'll be happy, at least until I want to
print wider than 13" - which I very rarely did in the darkroom anyway
before.

*/Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    But once you build it, you don't have to re-build it every six months
    due to digital technology changes... It's good for decades!

    :-)