[pure-silver] Re: Image stabilizer

  • From: Jon Mided <photosource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:17:21 -0400

Ray's information is correct. A friend of mine, Ryusuke Ito, has
provided an annotated translation of the Ag Guard MSDS as follows:

AG Guard is made up of 0.5 to 1.5% 2-(Amidinothio)ethanesulfonic acid
and 80-100% water.

The CAS number for 2-(Amidinothio)ethanesulfonic acid is CAS 25985-57-3.

Description for the two products are as follows:
AG Guard: Microscopic Blemish Prevention agent
AG Guard K: Image Stabilsing Finishing agent

As for their chemical composition, it appears to be exactly the same
with regard to proportion of the active ingredient in proportion to
water. In comparison, Sistan is based on Potassium Thiocyanate (CAS
333-20-0).

Chemical composition (lists only those chemical that constitute more
than 1% of the whole):

Chemical name, Composition amount (wt%), CAS Number,
2-(Amidinothio)ethanesulfonic acid, 0.5 - 1.5%, 25985-57-3
Water, 80-100%, 7732-18-5

Molecular formula:
25985-57-3: C3H8N203S2
7732-18-5: H20