[pure-silver] Re: HC 110 or Stop Bath?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:53:10 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elias_Roustom" <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 5:56 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] HC 110 or Stop Bath?

I rushed into Hunts Photo in Providence as I drove through the city on an errand and picked up what I thought was a bottle of Stop Bath only to discover it was a very similarly colored bottle of HC110. Take it back, or add to my repertoire? When I first got started I used Ilfotec HC and HP5+, I was not disappointed. I imagine Tri-X and HC-110 will give me a similar look.

Elias

HC-110 and Ilfotec HC are pretty similar although they are probably not identical. HC-110 is an extremely convenient developer adaptable to nearly any film but not the optimum for anything.
It certainly will not work as stop bath.
The most economical way to make stop bath is to sart with glacial acetic aced and use that to make up 28% stock from which the working solution is made.