[pure-silver] Re: Getting rid of a block

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:56:38 -0400

Hi Mark,

I have found it very useful when in a similar situation to look at the
work of others.  This can be from books, exhibitions, etc.  Try to
figure out why they took the pictures they did.  This is not an attempt
to copy their style but rather to get new ways of seeing things.

It's also useful to get away from the usual.  For example, if your usual
work is landscape then look at books on microphotography, portraiture,
candid photography, ....  If you usually shoot B&W then look for
subjects that really need color or vv.  Change cameras, if you usually
shoot LF then go out with a 35mm.  Try a new film, paper, or developer.

Some people also set themselves a goal such as taking just one good
picture a day or finding one good picture from a certain location.

Go out without a camera and just *really look* at things.

I hope these suggestions start you thinking and shooting again.

Jerry