[pure-silver] Re: Fw: Coffee filters

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photography" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:44:26 -0500

Gene,  A while back I thought that I'd like to see what kind of solid
particle had be deposited in my open trays of fixer so I did a little
filtering.  I was a little surprised to see the color of the particles match
the color of my towels.  I don't think that it is coming directly from
drying my hands and fiber getting trapped in the glove, but rather floating
in the air.  Film fixer is mixed with RO water so that I now it is as clean
as I can get it. And I also rinse, photoflo  my film with it to help cut
down on solid particles.  It really helped.

You might consider a new floor mat just at the door to your darkroom as well
to cut down on dirt that follows you in to work.  Taos, NM is also quite
dusty and full of static and I practiced these policies there as well. It
served me well for my time there.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9