[pure-silver] Re: Fw: Coffee filters

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:07:37 -0400

Grocery store coffee filters are good for removing hair and large
particles but pass a lot of smaller stuff which will show up on
enlargement.  For really good filtration I would suggest Chemex brand
coffee filters available on the net.  They are a bit more expensive but
are made of laboratory filter paper while the cheap filters are not.
Another advantage is that they will fit an 8 inch funnel and are more
suitable for filtering large amounts of liquid such as fixer.

Jerry