[pure-silver] Re: Fw: Coffee filters

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:48:28 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2005 2:18 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Fw: Coffee filters

----- Original Message ----- From: Gene Johnson
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2005 2:14 PM
Subject: Coffee filters

Just found another good reason to drink coffee. My negatives have had a lot more junk in them than usual, and I've started thinking it was coming from the fixer. So I poured the fixer through a coffee filter and was surprised by what I found. There were those tiny bits of fiber and flecks of who-knows-what, and just little particles of dirt that I've been finding on my film. I think I'll be doing this more often.

Also filter developer that is re-used, it tend to collect all sorts of junk from the film. Coffee filters seem to work as well as anything else and are cheap.

---