[pure-silver] Re: Fixing after indirect toning - a deeper question

  • From: Christopher Woodhouse <chris.woodhouse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:25:15 +0000

Thanks Tim, I think we are in violent agreement.

I did an experiment last night. I took a 10% Ammonium thiosulfate solution
and fixed an unexposed RC sheet for 30 seconds (constant agitation). After
thorough washing I put spots of Viradon and Odorless toner on the paper at 2
minute intervals. The Viridon did not mark the print at all, but the
odorless variety produced a light brown stain which got darker up to the 4
minute mark. Beyond that, it stayed the same. My darkroom and chemicals were
not up to temperature and I would anticipate that at 20C, the full toning
point would be about 2 minutes.

Regards Chris Woodhouse
    ....  __o