[pure-silver] Re: Emulsion Peel-off and more questions

  • From: "Jose Ramon" <joseramon1834@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 12:01:58 -0300

Hi Pablo
First of all congratulations for your new workspace with tidy Gallery and wet darkroom. Some years ago I made some experiments with my wooden old cameras 24x30 cm and 30x40 cm using either enlarging photo paper and x-Ray film as negatives. The results with photo enlarging paper as negatives and contact printig were excellent making emulsion to emulsion contact and illuminatig throug the base paper. Using X- Ray is also easy as can be manipulated under red safelights, but in my short experiences the results were rather soft (using Dektol paper developper) as this films have two emulsions one on each side of the base film, so the image is too thick. The old lenses used gave astonishing detail in such big negatives, (Goerz Dagor 360mm/f= 6,8 ; Rudolph H Meyer Doppel Plasmat 1:4 / 36 cm ; Emil Busch Nº 5 Pantoskop wide angle f= 245 mm F 1:22 ; Carl Zeiss Tessar 305mm f= 6,3 ; Dallmeyer Stigmatic Seres II soft focus 1:6 f= 22 cm and others) I think that the paper-contact way should work for your platinium/paladium prints.
Please comment.
Jose Ramon