[pure-silver] Re: Dry Mounting Again (Last Question, I Swear!!)

  • From: harry kalish <hksvk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 21:28:19 -0400

ColorMount is not considered to be an archival material. BufferMount is the
archival stuff---neutral pH and it is possible to reverse the mounting
process with BufferMount, although not with the greatest of ease.
BufferMount sets after the print/tissue/board assembly is removed from the
press during cooling, necessitating  firm and even pressure for several
minutes as it cools. ColorMount, I¹m pretty sure, bonds in the heat of the
press.
Harry.