[pure-silver] Developing Kodak Royal Pan

  • From: Martin magid <martin.magid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:57:39 -0400

I bought a box of 4X5 Kodak Royal Pan 4141 at a camera show.  It appears to
be factory sealed and the seller, a guy I know and trust, said it's been
refrigerated, but it is very old.  There's no expiration date on it, but
the lot # is 4141 565 16, if that means anything to anyone on this list.

I haven't opened the box yet so don't know if it contains developing
instructions, and Royal Pan isn't even listed on the Massive Developing
Chart.

My plan is to develop and fix a sheet in the dark without exposing it to
see if there is a base fog, and to do the same with another sheet after
fully exposing it to light to see how black it gets.

I have Rodinal, D-76 and DK-50 on hand.  Any suggestions on developing, or
ISO if I decide to shoot with it (as opposed to just experimenting)?

Marty