[pure-silver] DAMMIT Freestyle doing it again.

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:58:12 -0700

The thing that bothers me about using Freestyle re boxed paper is that every time I turn around they change things. In the new catalog you notice at the bottom of the Arista page, in red font, "Limited Quantities of Arista II paper in stock". So I called in and sure enough they are discontinuing the Arista II line!! Then the sales gal says, "but as you know it was made by Kentmere and we are going to continue carrying Kentmere so you can buy that". Now I am getting suspicious that was the plan all along to get people used to the Kentmere at a cheaper price and then yank the cheaper price out. They have something new coming in to take it's place in August but she won't tell what it is or who it is made by.

So anyway if you are a big user of the Arista II, like me, you better place an order soon. There are only 2 boxes of 16x20 left and not all that much 8x10 left either. Sounds like they have quite a lot of the 11x14 left.

Also unbeknownst to me is the fact that Oriental has reformulated the VC FB warmtone and now it is supposedly yellower. Why would they do that?
Done with my rant.

Dennis Purdy