[pure-silver] Re: Citric Acid as stop bath

  • From: titrisol <titrisol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 01:45:22 -0700 (PDT)

Those are moulds, ubiquitous airborne spores are found everywhereSome
penicillium, aspergillus and others are visible.Citric acid is used in some
cultur media for this things since it inhibits other bacteria and allows the
moulds to be more competitive.
Sorbate can be quite effective against these but is better to put a lid on the
tray first (or saran wrap) to prevent further contamination.