[pure-silver] Re: Censorship

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 19:57:44 -0400

DEAR BECKY,

      Jim's idea of getting many of the artists to pull their work and show
it near by at an alternative space is good IF it can be done very quickly.
If not then I disagree completely with Jim about doing this gently.  The
gallery management has indulged in something which, arguably, may be illegal
or an abrogation of the artist's rights.  They did this because they fear
legal action.  Well, its time to make it clear that treading on the rights
of artists AND THE VIEWING PUBLIC, except for those few complainers, will
also bring about negative publicity and legal action.

Playing the quiet game just gives them time to cover the whole thing up.
Hit 'em where it hurts!  That is what they were trying to avoid by pulling
the work.  Respond in kind.  Make them realize that their actions had better
be justifiable or they will face the consequences!  They called the tune
(unjustified, possibly illegal, censorship) you have every right to play the
notes (negative publicity and legal action against them)!

      I must go before I run out and storm the Bastille!

            LIBERTÈ, EGALITÈ, FRATERNITÈ DES ARTISTES!